EDC bag competition

 Good morning,


Yesterday I watched a YouTube video from a UK gentleman who makes a small EDC bag for travel.  My "bag" currently is my truck, I suppose.  The problem with that is, I can't always find the things I need quickly, which isn't really helpful.  I sometimes pack a backpack, or a small bag in a similar way.  There were some good ideas there, such as having the right cables easily accessible for a trip, maybe a charger block and/or a battery.  I've always tried to have a battery backup and some cables with me on trips, but I'm unwilling to spend the money on a carbon fiber battery, small portable cables, or a bag that costs $50.  

My bag is L.L. Bean, and I think it used to be for mini discs.  It cost about $2, and the whole "kit" maybe cost $50, the cost of the UK guy's bag with nothing in it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtShRjVaAOY


So, long story short - I want to compete with David to see how cheaply we can construct an EDC bag.  Size requirements: able to reasonably fit in a cargo pocket.  We'll have to estimate costs, since many of my items will be used and/or from thrift stores and tag sales.  Capability: anything you might need to make it a few days without your luggage.

Comments